Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
The Maintenance Technician works in collaboration with the Maintenance Manager, other maintenance team members, and housing assistants to provide basic custodial and maintenance services to Humility of Mary Housing, Inc. (HMHI) housing properties.
• Reflects in all matters the values, ethics and purposes stated in the HM Housing mission, vision and core values.
• Reflects in words and deeds a primary commitment to bringing a more abundant life to all residents we serve.
• Builds and promotes a diverse and inclusive work force.
Daily and Ongoing Maintenance
• Monthly preventive maintenance that includes checking filters, alarms and batteries, drains, fire extinguishers, interior, exterior, and emergency lighting and documenting any further maintenance concerns that need attention.
• 24 hour emergency on call service. Examples of emergency services are no heat, water leaks, gas smell, fire, clogged sinks or toilets if they are the only ones in the unit and any other situation that may create major physical damage to the building and/or pose a potential threat to the well-being of participants.
• Management of all building service contracting such as yearly backflow testing, sprinkler testing, elevator testing, landscaping, and snow removal.
• Routine requests for maintenance services. While it is not always possible, routine requests should be handled within twenty-four (24) hours.
• Exterior and interior inspections such as gutter and downspouts, window and screens, roofs, and painting issues.
• Work with the property Director/Manager to ensure a unit is vacant and ready for turnover.
• Dispose of all personal items left behind. It is not the responsibility of the maintenance staff to save, store, or work around items that the past tenant is supposed to come back and get.
• Do all and any maintenance repairs.
• Paint the apartment. Some of our painting is contracted with the Director’s approval. Touch up painting is usually performed by a member of the maintenance staff. Painting of the apartment can be completed by maintenance staff if there are not interruptions.
• Make ready cleaning depends on the condition the apartment is left in.
• Normal turnovers are to be completed within 10 days unless there are extenuating circumstances.
Coordination of Contracted Services
The following services are contracted (maintenance should assist when possible and time permits):
• Landscaping. This includes trimming of trees, shrubs, and bushes, fall and winter clean up, and grass cutting. Removal of all dead shrubs, trees, and bushed are usually and extra cost.
• Most of the snow removal is contracted. In some cases the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the sidewalks.
• All equipment that requires yearly inspections are contracted such as backflow testing, elevator inspections, fire system inspections, and boiler inspections.
• All exterminating services are contracted.
• General building maintenance skills.
• Versatile and Good organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
Usual Physical Demands
The following physical demands are typically used to perform this job’s essential duties and responsibilities. They are not qualification standards, rather they may be used to help the colleague, employee, or applicant identify where and how reasonable accommodations may be made when an otherwise qualified person is unable to perform the job’s essential duties due to an ADA disability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the link above to be redirected to Indeed.