Opportunity House is one of the first programs providing Supportive Housing for the male segment of this population in Cuyahoga County. It targets 18-24 year old homeless youth with a diagnosed disability who have "aged out" of foster care or found themselves alone without a place to live.
Opportunity House is a former Catholic Diocese convent on the property of SS Peter and Paul Parish in Garfield Heights, Ohio.
Using age-appropriate programming, the Opportunity House experience effectively addresses the issues typically faced by homeless youth.
Program services include:
- weekly on-site case management generally focusing on:
- Educational Referral
- Employment Services
- Life Skills Training
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Training
- Mental Health Services
- Health Services
- Legal Services
- The creation/implementation of an Individual Service Plan that facilitates goal achievement
- Bi-weekly psycho-educational groups
- Subsidized rent calculated at 30% of resident income (including utilities)
Opportunity House offers:
- 11 one bedroom furnished suites with private baths and kitchens
- On-site Resident Assistants
- First and Second Floor Lounges
- Hub Activity/Learning Center
- Two Fully equipped laundry facilities
4740 Turney Rd
Garfield Heights OH 44125